About Dedicated Systems Experts
Background.DS-Experts aims to provide highest added-value services to its clients, deploying state-of-the-art knowledge of various types of embedded systems and their characteristics
Our knowledge of component technologies (for
hardware, software and systems) is underpinned by
methods and analytic/diagnostic techniques - "brainware".
These are applied:
- to verify and validate performance
- to insure safe and/or secure operation
- to identify modifications to ensure adherence to requirements
- to design-out undesirable behaviour
DS-Experts positions itself as a provider of expertise and engineering
We accept that up to 20% of any mission be performed at the customer's location, with the remainder executed via our VPN facilities.
This confers two benefits, for both DS-Experts and the client.
Firstly, it enforces rigour in requirements definition.
It also assists DS-Experts to plan the intervention of the most appropriate expert personnel to support the various stages of the mission.
Secondly, it allows DS-Experts to quote a "fixed review able price".
- Fixed, because the initial rigour applied to requirements definition permits us to determine a fee for assistance based on the best specifications available at project commencement.
- Review able, because we, and our clients, accept that not everything can be defined a priori, and that adaptations to requirements may be unavoidable based on the outcome of verification and validation exercises.
At the mission review points, if we recommend, and our client agrees that a task should be deleted, the price is deducted.
Conversely, if we agree that new tasks are required, or task durations require modification, then price is adjusted, based on the initially-agreed day-rate parameters.
For missions which include software development support, a prototype is developed and demonstrated at the soonest opportunity. This serves the purpose of providing a discussion platform between the client and DS-Experts, as a basis for review and eventual refinement of requirements.
In all software design support - whether carried out by DS-Experts or
by another 3rd-party supplier to the client - DS-Experts insists on application
of our corporate coding practice.
In all software design, extensive error handling and monitoring aspects are de facto integrated - that is, even if such features do not form part of the client's original specifications.
From our experience of more than 15 years in providing total solutions
for real-time system development projects, DS-Experts views this practice
as a prime factor for underpinning software quality assurance.
It serves to facilitate any subsequent debugging exercises, as well as maintenance.